What is my Holistic Approach to Health?
We are complex in all our beautiful uniqueness so to fully honor this diversity and the life history and stories you bring to me, I combine, even weave, a tapestry of different techniques together of both cognitive and non-cognitive techniques to create the right combination for you. This is based on my professional training, years of experience and my intuitive knowing that I consciously bring into every session with you.
Many come to see me for the energy work that I do as it combines my years of training as a Certified Pranic Healer and my own intuitive healing skills.
Heart Centered Counseling and Therapy
I come from a place of compassion, and connection and strength to support and nurture, witness and honor your process from where you show up. We work at a pace that is right for you and always in a supportive manner where you feel safe, seen and respected.
Over time, when we feel lighter or more healed, we can begin to tap more into our heart and experience the depth of feelings and potential joy that this amazing powerhouse of light can offers us. The heart is also one of the gateways to foster our spiritual development and connection to “Higher Power.”
I was once asked in a job interview, for a counseling position, what my philosophy was as a counsellor – fortunately I had one and still do – it is: “The art of counseling is to gently lead someone back to themselves.” I know that the way to truly do that is through the heart. The famous poet, theologian and mystic Rumi, once said: “Your heart knows the way. Run in that direction.”
Problem solving techniques based on analytical analysis of thoughts, feelings and behaviors through cognitive dialogue.
- Reality Therapy
- Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy
Involves psychotherapeutic processes focused on neuroemotional releasing of past and current states. They work with the body’s bioenergy field through acupressure points, muscle testing and non-touch energy healing.
- Pranic Healing (Energy Work)
- Thought Field Therapy
- Specialized Kinesiology
My holistic counseling services and techniques can help you with:
- Lingering Childhood Traumas
- Blocking Beliefs/Negative Thinking
- Fears/Panic & Attacks/Phobias
- Self-Esteem Concerns
- Energy Imbalances and Blockages
- Compulsive Behaviors
- Loss of Intimacy/Aloneness
- Emotional Numbness
- Out of Control/Reactive
- Anger Management
- Weight Gain/Smoking
- Pain Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Pre and Post Surgery Anxiety and Pain Management
- Spiritual Curiosity
"I Offer Short Term Therapy for Long Term Results"
I was educated at the University of Victoria and the University of Western Ontario with a focus on Psychology and Women’s Studies and I have a Mental Health Worker Diploma. I worked as and have been certified in Reality Therapy, Specialized Kinesiology, Pranic Healing, Hypnotherapy, and PSYCH-K. I have also studied and worked in Thought Field Therapy and Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy. I am a member of the William Glasser Institute for Choice Theory and Reality Therapy. I was the former Board President of The Canadian Pranic Healer’s Association and was the former President of the Vancouver Pranic Healing Association.
I subscribe to the highest ethical standards of the counseling and healing profession. All of my services will be conducted professionally, ethically, with integrity and with the utmost regard for your well-being.
Some of my Life Experiences
- Programs Manager and an Executive Director of Transition Houses for abused women and their children for a decade
- Employment Counselor and workshop facilitator for the Federal and Provincial Government
- Counselor for Great West Life and HealthCare Benefit Trust for adults on sick leave
- Behavioral Counselor for a weight loss clinic
- Designed and taught workshops to Highly Sensitive adults on how to manage their gifts
- As a Certified Pranic Healer I supervised the pranic healing clinic and helped assist the new pranic healers with their practicums
- Addictions Counselor in a private clinic for natural treatment therapies
- Reality Therapist in treatment centres for at risk youth
- Designed and taught life skills workshops to at risk youth
- Previously sat on the Advisory Committee for Child Studies at Douglas College
Very important to my life; for me they are the foundation of who I AM. Integrity, Honesty, Compassion, Connection, Dependable, Spiritual, Inspirational, Growth Orientated and Fun Loving would be how I describe myself and how I strive to live these values in my daily experiences.
I believe that I have come on this planet in this lifetime to tap into all my skills and develop many more to help others and myself to be the best they/I can be to reach their/my potential through honouring in all of us our innate capacity to love, heal, dream and understand what magnificent beings of “light” we all are. We have so much power and potential in all of us.